Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

This one surprised me. It wasn't at all what I expected. 




I am not sure what I would classify it as other than an urban fantasy. 
It was a quick, easy read which is what I was looking for. I needed something I could finish in a couple of days and I did finish it.

The build up was quick, The action started within the first couple chapters and I loved that. 
It was well written and flowed easily enough. 

Harper is your typical over-achiever. You know the one from high school that was involved with everything. Perfect scores, perfect boyfriend.
Oh yeah..... homecoming queen.

Well her life is about to spin out of control.

On the night of the Homecoming dance, Harper takes a 'quick' (not really) to the restroom to freshen up her lip gloss. While there, the janitor busts in, locking the door behind him. Creepy right?
Gets worse. The janitor is mortally wounded and when Harper examines his injury closer she discovers a lot more. The janitor isn't the fat bald man she always thought.

Just before he dies, he takes her face into his hands and breathes into her mouth....ewww!

Except it wasn't a kiss, but a transfer of power.

This book was funny, enjoyable and and just plain entertaining.
I am playing with the idea of adding this book to my collection, purely for my daughter. I think it might be something she will enjoy later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment